Whitsundays Spearfishing Charter 5 Days 4 Nights
This Whitsundays Spearfishing Charter departs from Coral Sea Marina in Airlie Beach, North Queensland and is a one of a kind trip to the Outer Great Barrier Reef.
Set sail on our largest vessel of the fleet, ex-competition sailboat “Condor” for 5 days of spearfishing with 5 qualified crew and luscious meals prepared for you 3+ times daily.
With the closest reef being 35 maritime miles offshore, this adrenaline-full immersion trip means no phone signal, a remote view of the Whitsundays on the horizon, and nothing but turquoise water lagoons, 30+ target species and endless diversity of hard and soft corals. This genuinely is a bucket list product you don’t want to miss!
Keen to see what it’s like? Have a look at our Instagram for videos and snapshots of life at sea with Prosail.
The ultimate sailing adventure ⛵️
All-inclusive liveaboard trips around the Whitsundays
+ Freediving ~ Spearfishing ~ Yoga & more
Whitsundays Spearfishing Itinerary
Our Whitsundays spearfishing trips are run aboard our 82ft ex-racing maxi yacht Condor. She has a cruising speed of 7-8 knots and a sailing speed of 8-12 knots.
The reef location we choose will be closer to the departure date will take into consideration prevailing weather conditions, tidal movement, swell and visibility.
Our closest outer reef spearfishing sites are 35-50 nm from the Marina in Airlie Beach. We aim to have the majority of the transit completed on the first day and still have time to get a spearing session in on the first afternoon after a detailed brief. If we choose a further location, we may not have time for the session on the first day.
We have a lot of passionate spearo’s in our crew at Prosail and the sites are places we have scouted and speared personally. The aim is to get everyone onto great fish, hopefully, tick off a few target species and PB’s for everyone on board, have a great time with a bunch of like-minded people and we will do our best to help you progress with your hunting and technique.
Food is freshly prepared by our crew for each meal. The crew will also be preparing and driving spearing vessels for you. The spearing structure is 2 x 3.5-4 hour sessions for the 3 days in the middle of the trip.
You also get to experience real adventure sailing on this ex-race maxi yacht!
Example Whitsundays Spearfishing Itinerary:
Day 1 – 9:30 am departure from Coral Sea Marina, Airlie Beach. Transit to first reef location (weather dependent) spear brief followed by spear session (time dependant)
Day 2 – Full day spearing broken up into two sessions
Day 3 – Full day spearing broken up into two sessions with possible mothership change of location.
Day 4 – Full day spearing broken up into two sessions
Day 5 – Transit back to Coral Sea Marina, Airlie Beach. Arrive back by approx. 3:30 pm
Target Fish Species For Spearfishing
Target species on the Whitsundays Spearfishing Charter include:
- Coral Trout;
- Tusk Fish;
- A variety of Emperors:
- Yellow Lip; and
- Red Throat.
- Reef Jack
- Purple Spot Cod
- Job Fish
- Spanish mackerel.
- All meals while on the charter plus tea & coffee, filtered water, morning tea, afternoon snacks and dessert after dinner
- 5 experienced & fun crew members
- Comfy bed, pillow & bed linen in shared/dorm style accommodation below deck – we also provide some mats to sleep on deck if you wish
- Diving weights if you are flying (on request so please let us know if you need these)
- Spearfishing ribs with boat boys
- USB charging stations, sun and rain shades, hammocks, hot showers & shower towel
- All Maine Park fees and fuel levy
Departures and Returns
Please meet at 8:30am (30 minutes before your departure time of 9am). Please note that departure time may vary depending on desired reef location – a group chat will be created prior to departure to keep everyone informed.
Meeting point is @ Coral Sea Marina, Airlie Beach (Southern End), MEETING POINT C, under the white umbrellas next to Whitsunday JetSki Tours.
Here is the link to the meeting point on google maps: https://goo.gl/maps/rdg7QkQ2HgVzBgj6A
If you don’t have much luggage we highly recommend walking to the meeting point along the Airlie Beach Boardwalk (Bicentennial Walkway). This runs from Airlie Beach Main Street all the way to Cannonvale and has beautiful views. Please allow 30 minutes from the main street if you do choose to walk.
Alternatively you can catch a taxi using the 13CABS app, call 13CABS, or use the rank in the main street. If you’re driving, type in ‘Bohemian Raw Café’ and it will take you there. Affectionately named ‘Boho’ by the locals, this is a great spot for morning coffee or breakfast on the day of your departure. Just keep in mind it gets busy so allow enough time
You will return to the same location at approx. 3:30pm on the 5th day.
Coral Sea Marina South Village has car parking for $10.00 per day. This is a cash or card payment. Please ensure you pay when you arrive and correctly display the ticket in your car window for the duration of your Whitsundays Spearfishing Charter
What To Bring On This Charter (Important)
Divers are to be completely self-sufficient when it comes to gear. This includes spares and repairs. We recommend every diver bring the following:
- Float and float line. Depths will range from 10m – 30m+, please bring a float line suitable for your diving ability. Large floats are recommended for visibility. Please note that a float line and float are mandatory
- 1x all-around reef/bluewater gun. This should be equipment you are familiar with and can range in size and style (band or roller gun). 100cm-120cm are great lengths but you can bring whatever you are comfortable using.
- 1x backup gun
- Mask, snorkel and fins
- Weight belt and weights (if you are flying and want to reduce weight, please let us know so we can provide weights)
- Diving knife and filleting knife
- 5mm or 3mm wetsuit water temp range is from 21-32 degrees C (Nov-March 28-30 and April-Oct 21-27). For longer dive sessions like this tour, warmer is better, however, wearing a 3mm suit in 30-degree water is not pleasant.
- Flasher and flasher float if you are more interested in chasing Mackeral and Jobfish
- Ziplock bags or vac sealer for fish storage. Please bring an appropriate marker for labelling fish. It will be guests’ responsibility to keep track of catches
- Sunscreen, insect repellent, sunglasses, towels (a shower towel will be provided, however, we recommend bringing a post-dive/beach towel)
- Enough clothes for the duration of the Whitsundays Spearfishing charter & comfortable footwear
- Wind or waterproof jacket & something warm for the cooler months
- Go pro or similar to capture your spearfishing experience if you wish
- BYO alcohol (please try and avoid glass bottles for rubbish storage, cans are ideal)
- Drink bottle for filtered water refills on-board
- All meals are provided during the charter, however, you are more than welcome to bring your own snacks (crisps, chocolate, muesli bars etc)
Prosail is not responsible for any property you take on board our vessels.
Accommodation on all Prosail vessels is in dormitory-style cabins/sections below deck.
Please note that for the comfort and safety of all guests and crew, these charters will run with a maximum of 14 guests on Condor ensuring there is plenty of space for everyone’s gear, and everyone can receive the absolute maximum out of their experience (this boat can normally hold up to 30 guests).
Our Tasty Menu
Day 2: Selection of cereals, yoghurt, fruit salad & bread with a selection of spreads, all served with tea & coffee
Day 3: Pancakes! Plus the same as Day 2
Day 4: Bacon & scrambled eggs with stone-baked bread, tea, coffee, fruit and cereals.
Day 1: Fresh fruit platter
Day 2, 3 & 4: Tea, coffee & hot chocolate served with fresh fruit & muffins, lamingtons or banana bread.
Day 1: Bread rolls served with deli ham, cheese, and a selection of salad
Day 2: Chicken skewers served with potato salad, Greek salad and stone-baked bread
Day 3: BBQ burgers served with bread rolls, cheese and a selection of salad
Day 4: Thai chicken noodle salad
Day 1: Platter with cheese, crudités, crackers & dips
Day 2: Cheesy nachos served with salsa, sour cream and sweet chilli
Day 3: Oven roasted cob loaf
Day 4: Fruit platter
Day 1: Roast chicken and stuffing served with creamy mashed potato, steamed vegetables, gravy and stone-baked bread
Day 2: Beef burritos – Build your own with tortillas, salad, sour cream, cheese and guacamole
Day 3:Fish & vegetable curry with rice and stone-baked bread
Day 1: Tea, coffee & hot chocolate with chocolate fudge brownie
Day 2: Tea, coffee & hot chocolate with cheesecake
Day 3: Tea, coffee & hot chocolate with apple pie and custard
We cater for most diet requirements at no extra cost. Please note that we have limited diet alternatives to our deserts that include gluten and diary. This menu is subject to change.
No check-in is required however, all guests must complete waiver (supplied at time of booking) at least 7 days prior to departure date and meet at the Coral Sea Marina meeting point at the correct time (explained on booking confirmation).
What to Pack: Please see ‘What to Bring on this charter (important)’ above
Drinks: Prosail vessels are BYO, this means you are able to bring your own alcohol onto the tour (no glass or red wine please). Tea, coffee, hot chocolate and filtered drinking water is included throughout your tour, please bring your water bottle and fill it as much as you like. Soft drinks and bottled water are available for purchase onboard – the crew will keep a tab and you can pay at the end of your tour.
Do I need spearfishing experience to participate? Yes, to participate in this spearfishing tip, you should have some spearfishing experience. If you have any questions or would like to discuss with us, please email us on email@example.com
Large Luggage: Suitcases and large bags with wheels cannot be taken on board. Storage services are available at your accommodation or at the Red Cat Adventures office in Airlie Beach main street.
Cancellation Policy and Terms & Conditions
- All spearfishing participants should have some spearfishing experience. If you have any questions or would like to discuss with us, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cancellations made less than 7 days before departure will result in complete forfeiture of the full price.
- $200 of your ticket price is a non-refundable deposit that will be held if you have to cancel your trip outside of 7 days prior to departure. This $200 can be held in credit for a future Prosail trip/tour.
- Cancellations made outside of 7 days before departure will incur a $65 per person admin & booking fee.
- Any date changes can be accepted without a fee up to 7 days prior to departure.
- Please note that the 7 day cancellation policy will always be calculated from original departure date.
- Prosail will offer other options, a credit or refund for any cancelled departures due to low numbers or unsafe weather.
- Check in is done on the day of departure at the allocated check in time and point. Please read your Booking Confirmation carefully for these details.
- All prices are per person in AUD and include GST, National Park and Great Barrier Reef Marine Park entry fees, professional skipper and deck hands, live aboard accommodation, all meals, fresh linen, use of snorkelling equipment and snorkel suits. Prices do not include airfares or transfers to and from the marina, accommodation pre or post tour or extras.
- Minimum age on this Prosail tour is 16 years old and there is no maximum age limit, however, our main demographic is 20 –50 year old’s. Anyone under the age of 18 will need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- All guests must be able to move freely about a boat unassisted.
- And extra luggage can be stored at the Red Cat Adventures shop in Airlie Beach at an additional charge.
- BYO alcohol and drinks (no glass or red wine please). Tea, Coffee, hot chocolate and filtered water are included. We recommend bringing your own drink bottle for water refills.
- We cater for most diet requirements – vegetarian, vegan, lactose free and gluten free. Please call our office if diet requirements differ from these. Please note that there are limited diet alternatives to our desserts (which include gluten and dairy).
- We reserve the right to substitute vessels without notice at any time for any reason.
- All tours are subject to weather and the vessel operator’s discretion.
- We recommend you take out travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss of personal goods and the inability to travel due to weather or any other unforeseen circumstances. This is an adventure product and clients should note that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard guests, we cannot be responsible for any damage, personal injury or loss due to the actions of passengers that are beyond our control.
- If travelling to Airlie Beach by road, please allow extra time to travel during the wet season (Dec-May) as we occasionally have road closures due to flooding.
- At certain times of the year, rare but ‘dangerous’ jellyfish inhabit these waters and passengers should take care for their own safety. Passengers entering the water do so at their own risk and the owner of the vessel will not be liable for any personal injury, illness, death or any other consequences whatsoever of passengers being stung by jellyfish. To minimise this risk, you will be provided with a full-length protective ‘Snorkel Suit’ to wear whilst swimming and snorkelling during the tour.
- Prosail shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any injury to person or property which is suffered or sustained by any passenger as a result of participating in any of its sailing adventures, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- If you choose to leave a Prosail tour at any stage of your own choice, Prosail will no longer be held accountable for your persons or belongings.
Prosail Queensland Pty Ltd Adventures ABN 90 114 145 774
Whitsundays Spearfishing Charter Highlights
Sailing On Condor
Built to compete all over the world, Condor is renowned within the global sailing community.
You will be treated to epic sailing on an 82-foot maxi yacht constructed to win the world’s major sailing regattas.
Prosail’s experienced sailors will make certain the journey to and from the Outer Great Barrier Reef will leave an everlasting impact that is not easily forgotten!
Spearfishing on this tour
To obtain a sense of how legendary this tour is, review the pictures on this page. You will be in the midst of the Outer Great Barrier Reef for up to 5 days!
Here in the Great Barrier Reef, the fish reign supreme and are bountiful, allowing less time to hunt for fish and more time selecting which fish you prefer.
There are no speeches to express how epic this Whitsundays Spearfishing Charter is. You just have to show up and live it yourselves!
The Qualified Crew
Five qualified and capable crew will get you to the outstanding regions of the outer reef.
The crew will make certain this is a lifetime adventure to remember.
The owners of Prosail are passionate Spearfisherman and freedivers.
You are in the finest hands available for this Whitsundays Spearfishing Charter, as this is their niche and their backyard!
Whitsundays Spearfishing Charter
Whitsundays Spearfishing Charter Pioneers Have Scheduled Trips Throughout 2022/23. Twenty Maximum Participants Do Not Miss Your Opportunity Book Now Instantly
Product Brand: Prosail
Product Currency: AUD
Product Price: 2000
Price Valid Until: 2023-03-31
Product In-Stock: InStock
More Prosail Whitsundays Products
Duration – 3 Days 2 Nights Social Group Tour, Whitehaven Beach, Hill Inlet Lookout, Snorkelling, Bushwalks
Duration – 3 Days 2 Nights Whitsunday Islands, Social Group Tour, Whitehaven Beach, Hill Inlet Lookout, Snorkelling, Bushwalks
Duration – 3 Days 2 Nights Whitsunday Islands, Whitehaven Beach, Hill Inlet Lookout, Snorkelling, Bushwalks, Social Group Tour
Free Diving Charters
Duration – 4 Days 3 Nights Whitsunday Islands Great Barrier Reef Awesome Locations Free Diving Experts Onboard Option to complete a freediving course
Duration – 4 Days 3 Nights Social Group Tour Whitehaven Beach Snorkelling Bushwalks Yoga
Duration – from 3 to 7 Days Include Crew Whitehaven Beach Snorkelling Bushwalks it’s your charter