Multi-Day Tour 4 Days 3 Nights
Whitsundays Freediving Liveaboard Sailing Tour
Whitsundays Freediving Sailing Charter
About Whitsundays Freediving: ever watched people Freediving below you as you snorkel, and wonder at how gracefully and calmly they glide through the water, interacting with the underwater world?
Well, we’re bringing you this liveaboard sailing trip in the Whitsundays so you, too, can learn the theory and practical elements of Freediving. The blissful feeling of floating beneath the surface with just one breath of air is truly incredible – it can feel like an underwater meditation once you’ve got the hang of it.
Wake up and fall asleep to the sounds of the ocean as you spend 4 days and 3 nights sailing around the Whitsundays and the Great Barrier Reef, learning how to Freedive.
We’ve partnered with internationally renowned Freediving instructors, Salty Pilgrims Freediving, to offer you beginner to advanced Freediving training, and breathing and relaxation workshops, all aboard a 24-metre ex-racing sailing yacht. The training style is Molchanovs (Wave 1 or Wave 2).
This Whitsundays Freediving trip is an absolute bucket list adventure, gaining lifelong skills as you take in the stunning tropical paradise of the Whitsunday Islands and the Great Barrier Reef, and meeting a bunch of other like-minded adventurers.
Want to get keen? Have a look at our Instagram for videos and snapshots of life at sea.
The ultimate sailing adventure ⛵️
All-inclusive liveaboard trips around the Whitsundays
+ Freediving ~ Spearfishing ~ Yoga & more
There is no set itinerary on these Whitsundays Freediving Charters as we pick the best sites for the weather and tidal conditions at the time.
We aim to find calm, stunning anchorages for comfortable training and teaching sessions on board. We will take you to snorkelling sites to try out your newfound skills or just snorkel at the surface and enjoy the amazing marine life.
You also get to experience real adventure sailing on this ex-race maxi yacht.
Freshly prepared meals onboard with morning tea, afternoon snacks and desserts each day will keep you satisfied for the duration of the tour. BYO alcohol so you can enjoy a beverage if you wish as you watch the sunset and the stars appear while getting to know the crew and like-minded travellers joining you on this journey.
Departures and Returns
Please meet at 9:30am (30 minutes before your departure time of 10am).
Meeting point is @ Coral Sea Marina, Airlie Beach (Southern End), MEETING POINT C, under the white umbrellas next to Whitsunday JetSki Tours.
Here is the link to the meeting point on google maps: https://goo.gl/maps/rdg7QkQ2HgVzBgj6A
If you don’t have much luggage we highly recommend walking to the meeting point along the Airlie Beach Boardwalk (Bicentennial Walkway). This runs from Airlie Beach Main Street all the way to Cannonvale and has beautiful views. Please allow 30 minutes from the main street if you do choose to walk.
Alternatively you can catch a taxi using the 13CABS app, call 13CABS, or use the rank in the main street. If you’re driving, type in ‘Bohemian Raw Café’ and it will take you there. Affectionately named ‘Boho’ by the locals, this is a great spot for morning coffee or breakfast on the day of your departure. Just keep in mind it gets busy so allow enough time
You will return to the same location at approx. 3:30pm on the 4th day.
Three experienced and fun crew (a skipper and two deckhands/hosts) plus three qualified and experienced Whitsundays freediving instructors.
4 days and 3 nights aboard a 24-metre ex-racing sailing yacht. For many guests, the thrill of sailing on these yachts is a highlight of these tours.
Daily breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon snacks, dinner & dessert while on the charter.
Tea, coffee, hot chocolate & filtered water (BYO alcohol & other beverages).
Basic snorkelling equipment can be provided free of charge although we highly recommend you bring your own freediving equipment for an even better experience.
Comfy bed, pillow & bed linen in open-plan/door style accommodation.
Guided yoga and meditation sessions in the mornings – 1 per day.
All Marine Park fees.
USB charging stations, sun and rain shades, hot showers, shower towel & mats to sleep on deck if you wish.
Beach/Island transfers and freediving activities from the main vessel via a 12-person tender vessel.
Breathing workshops, freediving gear/technique and safety training, guided in water diving and coaching.
Option to complete a recognised freediving course to give yourself the ability to further your skills in the future.
What's The Accommodation?
Accommodation on all Prosail vessels is made up of single and double beds in dormitory-style cabins/sections below deck.
Please note that charters will run with a maximum of 18 guests ensuring all guests have their own bed (unless they would like to share).
This charter will be onboard our maxi yatch ‘Broomstick’.
Our Tasty Menu
Day 2: Selection of cereals, yoghurt, fruit salad & bread with a selection of spreads, all served with tea & coffee
Day 3: Pancakes! Plus the same as Day 2
Day 4: Bacon & scrambled eggs with stone-baked bread, tea, coffee, fruit and cereals.
Day 1: Fresh fruit platter
Day 2, 3 & 4: Tea, coffee & hot chocolate served with fresh fruit & muffins, lamingtons or banana bread.
Day 1: Bread rolls served with deli ham, cheese, and a selection of salad
Day 2: Chicken skewers served with a Mediterranean pasta salad, Greek salad and stone-baked bread
Day 3: BBQ burgers served with bread rolls, cheese and a selection of salad
Day 4: Thai chicken noodle salad
Day 1: Platter with cheese, crudités, crackers & dips
Day 2: Cheesy nachos served with salsa, sour cream and sweet chilli
Day 3: Platter with cheese, crudités, crackers & dips
Day 4: Fruit platter
Day 1: Roast chicken and stuffing served with creamy mashed potato, steamed vegetables, gravy and stone-baked bread
Day 2: Beef burritos – Build your own with tortillas, salad, sour cream, cheese and guacamole
Day 3: Fish & vegetable curry with rice and stone-baked bread
Day 1: Tea, coffee & hot chocolate with chocolate fudge brownie
Day 2: Tea, coffee & hot chocolate with cheesecake
Day 3: Tea, coffee & hot chocolate with apple pie and custard
*We cater for most diet requirements at no extra cost. Please note that this menu is subject to change.
Check in is done on the day of departure at the allocated meeting time and point. Please read your Booking Confirmation carefully for these details.
All guests must complete waiver (supplied at time of booking) at least 7 days prior to departure date.
What to Pack:
- Sunscreen, insect repellent, sunglasses, beach towel and a hat
- Your own freediving gear (we provide weight belts and can provide a mask, snorkel and suit if needed)
- Enough clothes for the duration of the charter
- Practical clothing and footwear
- Wind or waterproof jacket and a warm jacket during the winter months
- Camera – we strongly encourage you to take waterproof cameras rather than expensive DSLR’s
- BYO alcohol (no glass beer or premix bottles or red wine)
- Drink bottle for filtered water refills on-board
- Pack everything all into tote bags, small-medium backpacks or small-medium duffle bags (with no wheels) – large bags or suitcases can be stored at your accommodation or at the Red Cat Adventures office on the main street for a small fee.
- All meals are provided during the charter. You are more than welcome to bring your own snacks also (crisps, chocolate, muesli bars etc)
- Prosail are not responsible for any property you take on board our vessels.
Drinks: This vessel is BYO, this means you are able to bring your own alcohol onto the tour (no glass or red wine please). Tea, coffee, hot chocolate and filtered drinking water is included throughout your tour, please bring your water bottle and fill it as much as you like. Soft drinks and bottled water are available for purchase onboard – the crew will keep a tab and you can pay at the end of your tour.
Do I need to be able to swim?: Yes, to participate in this freediving tip, you need to be a good swimmer
Large Luggage: Suitcases and large bags with wheels cannot be taken on board. Storage services are available at your accommodation or at the Red Cat Adventures office in Airlie Beach main street.
Cancellation Policy and Terms & Conditions Of Travel
- Cancellations made less than 7 days before departure will result in complete forfeiture of the full price. Cancellations made outside of 7 days before departure will only incur a $35 per person admin & booking fee. Any date changes can be accepted without a fee up to 7 days prior to departure. Please note that the 7 day cancellation policy will always be calculated from original departure date.
- Prosail will offer other options, a credit or refund for any cancelled departures due to low numbers or unsafe weather.
- Check in is done on the day of departure at the allocated check in time and point. Please read your Booking Confirmation carefully for these details.
- All prices are per person in AUD and include GST, National Park and Great Barrier Reef Marine Park entry fees, professional skipper and deck hands, live aboard accommodation, all meals, fresh linen, use of snorkelling equipment and snorkel suits. Prices do not include airfares or transfers to and from the marina, accommodation pre or post tour or extras.
- All passengers are required to conplete the online waiver sent at time of booking at least 7 days prior to departure
- Perfect for adventurous singles, couples and groups normally aged between 18-45. We have no age limit, however you must be ‘young at heart’ and understand the adventurous and social nature of our tours. Some under 18’s may be accepted on board by request.
- All guests must be able to move freely about a boat unassisted.
- BYO alcohol and drinks (no glass or red wine please). Tea, Coffee, hot chocolate and filtered water are included. We recommend bringing your own drink bottle for water refills.
- We cater for most diet requirements – vegetarian, vegan, lactose free and gluten free. Please call our office if diet requirements differ from these. Please note that there are limited diet alternatives to our desserts (which include gluten and dairy).
- We reserve the right to substitute vessels without notice at any time for any reason.
- All tours are subject to weather and the vessel operator’s discretion.
- We recommend you take out travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss of personal goods and the inability to travel due to weather or any other unforeseen circumstances. This is an adventure product and clients should note that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard guests, we cannot be responsible for any damage, personal injury or loss due to the actions of passengers that are beyond our control.
- If travelling to Airlie Beach by road, please allow extra time to travel during the wet season (Dec-May) as we occasionally have road closures due to flooding.
- At certain times of the year, rare but ‘dangerous’ jellyfish inhabit these waters and passengers should take care for their own safety. Passengers entering the water do so at their own risk and the owner of the vessel will not be liable for any personal injury, illness, death or any other consequences whatsoever of passengers being stung by jellyfish. To minimise this risk, you will be provided with a full-length protective ‘Snorkel Suit’ to wear whilst swimming and snorkelling during the tour.
- Prosail shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any injury to person or property which is suffered or sustained by any passenger as a result of participating in any of its sailing adventures, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- If you choose to leave a Prosail tour at any stage of your own choice, Prosail will no longer be held accountable for your persons or belongings.
- Prosail Queensland Pty Ltd Adventures ABN 90 114 145 774
Whitsundays Freediving Charter Highlights
With incredible sailing that is typically only secured for competition crew, this yacht provides a pure sailing experience with an extensive size main sail and headsail, you will feel the energy of the wind while relaxing on the deck.
Our sailing crew have a wealth of sailing experience with these huge 80 foot maxi yachts and are actively prepared to handle all weather conditions on the ocean.
Enjoy adventuresome and safe sailing on this 4 Day 3 Night Sailing Trips.
Whitsundays Freediving is an impressive experience that we never take for granted
From swimming with turtles to soft and hard corals and a plethora of fish, snorkelling is one activity everybody appreciates.
Sailing on this tour you may further have the opportunity to freedive at the outlying Great Barrier Reef (weather depending)
#1 Whitsundays Freediving Specialists Official Website
Sensational Whitsundays Freediving Charters Now Available. 4 Days 3 Nights Liveaboard Visiting Islands And Great Barrier Reef. Departs Airlie Beach. Book Now!
Product Brand: Prosail
Product Currency: AUD
Product Price: 1699
Price Valid Until: 2023-03-31
Product In-Stock: InStock
More Prosail Whitsundays Products
Duration – 3 Days 2 Nights Social Group Tour, Whitehaven Beach, Hill Inlet Lookout, Snorkelling, Bushwalks
Duration – 3 Days 2 Nights Whitsunday Islands, Whitehaven Beach, Hill Inlet Lookout, Multiple Snorkel Locations
Duration – 5 Days 4 Nights Outer Great Barrier Reef Whitsunday Islands Spearfishing ribs & boat boys 5 Experienced Crew Only Tour Of Its Kind
Duration – 3 Days 2 Nights Whitsunday Islands, Social Group Tour, Whitehaven Beach, Hill Inlet Lookout, Snorkelling, Bushwalks
Duration – 4 Days 3 Nights Social Group Tour Whitehaven Beach Snorkelling Bushwalks Yoga
Duration – from 3 to 7 Days Include Crew Whitehaven Beach Snorkelling Bushwalks it’s your charter