Whitsunday Islands Adventure Sailing Retreat
Airlie Beach and the Whitsundays are home to the best cruises and adventure tours in Australia
How does sailing around the pristine waters of Whitsunday Islands on a 24 metre sailing yacht sound?
Experience snorkelling the fringing and outer barrier reef systems, hiking tropical islands to world class views, visiting stunning beaches, daily guided yoga and meditation sessions, all while eating fresh caught seafood and living on the ocean.
Meet like minded travellers as you experience everything this beautiful paradise has to offer in true adventure fashion.
See Dates And Book Here
Prosail Whitsundays sailing experts
5 Days 4 Nights Sailing Tour
We’re talking sunrise yoga or on the best beach in the world, and mindfulness/meditation/deep relaxations/breath practices at night, to help you still your mind and make the most of each day. (All optional of course)
Trip highlights include:
- Whitehaven Beach (voted best in the world)
- Hill Inlet Lookout
- Multiple snorkel locations
- The chance to visit the outer Great Barrier Reef (weather permitting)
- Daily yoga and meditation &
- Real adventure sailing (weather permitting)
There is no set itinerary, trips are planned around the weather conditions, tides and the group desires. The above are just examples of what we can do and where we can go.
We will visit up to 6 snorkel sites – we choose the best site and timings based on the weather and tides out of the following locations:
Blue Pearl Bay – Cockatoo Point – Black Island – Langford Reef – Caves Cove – Butterfly Bay – Luncheon Bay – Manta Ray Bay – Mackerel Bay -Peters Bay – Saba Bay – Cateran Bay – Outer GBR (multiple sites)
Explore the North and South end of Whitehaven Beach and visit two different lookouts (Hill Inlet Lookout & South Whitehaven Lookout).
Bushwalks, Sunsets, Yoga and More
Bush-walks that range from 20 minutes to 3 hours. Our favorites are:
The Cairn (Whitsunday Island) – Whitsunday Peak (Whitsunday Island) – Border Island – Chance Bay to South Whitehaven (Whitsunday Island) – Chalkie’s Lookout (Haslewood Island) – Hill Inlet Lookout (Whitsunday Island) -Nara Inlet Trail (Hook Island) – Hayman Island Track, Passage Peak (Hamilton Island) – South Molle Island
Sunset beach hangs- our favorites are:
Langford Island Sand Spit – Scrubhen Beach (Hook Island) – Chalkie’s Beach (Haslewood Island)
In the evenings, chill on deck with our crew and your new mates, have a few drinks, stargaze and then let the calm water gently rock you to sleep.
- Three experienced and fun crew (a skipper and two deckhands/hosts) plus a qualified and experienced yoga/meditation/wellness instructor
- 1 – 2 optional guided yoga and meditation sessions by qualified teacher per day
- 5 days and 4 nights aboard a 24-metre ex racing sailing yacht.
- Experience real adventure sailing
- Daily breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon snacks, dinner & dessert while on the charter – you also get the oportunity to eat freshly caught seafood prepared by your crew and generally speared by your experienced crew members (spearfishing is the most sustainable way to catch fish from the ocean)
- Tea, coffee, hot chocolate & filtered water (BYO alcohol & other beverages)
- Snorkelling equipment (mask, snorkel & suit – we provide thicker suits in the winter months)
- Comfy bed, pillow, bed linen in open-plan/door style accommodation
- All Marine Park fees
- USB charging stations, sun and rain shades, hot showers & yoga mats (for yoga and to use to sleep on deck if you wish)
- Beach and Island transfers from the main vessel via 12-person tender vessel
- Access to tropical islands for hiking and beach stops including the famous Whitehaven Beach and Hill Inlet.
- Visit the outer Great Barrier Reef and island snorkelling locations (minimum 4 sites)
If you are interested in more underwater activities try our Whitsundays Freediving Trip
Whitsundays 5 Day 4 Night Departures
This tour departs Coral Sea Marina, Airlie Beach at 1:30 pm and returns on the last day at approximately 3:30 pm. Straight after your tour, keep the adventure alive and meet your crew and fellow passengers for a catch up at the after-party in Airlie Beach – we have a reserved table, drink discounts and meal deals!
Current Available Departure Dates
21 Nov 21; 22 Dec 21; 20 Jan 22; 19 Feb 22; 17 Mar 22; 26 Apr 22; 20 May 22; 18 Jun 22; 20 Jul 22; 24 Aug 22; 17 Sep 22; 18 Oct 22; 17 Nov 22; 16 Dec 22;
Extra dates available on request
Extras, Policies & Terms and Conditions
SPECIAL COVID-19 CANCELLATION POLICY: If any passenger cannot make the tour departure date due to Government travel restrictions surrounding COVID-19, Prosail will issue a tour credit or a refund (minus a $30 per person admin & booking fee). Please inform Prosail as soon as you are aware that you cannot make the tour. Proof of travel restriction on the tour departure date may need to be supplied.
• Prosail will offer other options, a credit or refund for any cancelled departures due to low numbers or unsafe weather.
• For any other cancellations or changes: Cancellations made less than 14 days before departure will result in complete forfeiture of the full price. Cancellations made outside of 14 days before departure will only incur a $30 per person admin & booking fee. Any date changes can be accepted without a fee up to 7 days prior to departure. Please note that the 14 day cancellation policy will always be calculated from original departure date.
• All prices are per person in AUD and include GST, National Park and Great Barrier Reef Marine Park entry fees, professional skipper and deck hands, live aboard accommodation, all meals, fresh linen, use of snorkelling equipment and snorkel suits. Prices do not include airfares or transfers to and from the marina, accommodation pre or post tour or extras.
• Open dated tickets are subject to availability, please give at least 14 days notice to book.
• All passengers are required to re-confirm their trip 48 hours prior to departure with our reservations office via phone on 07 4946 4444
• All passengers must check in at our office prior to your trip. Check in is located at the Red Cat Adventures & Prosail office 350 Shute Harbour Road, Airlie Beach, QLD 4802. Check in day before between 2pm-3pm or check in day of departure at 8am. Our friendly staff will welcome you with a pre-departure briefing which will go through everything you require to join and enjoy your cruise with us.
• Prosail Whitsundays is a Covid Safe Practising Business. All guests, at check-in, are required to answer Covid safe questions and sign a waiver prior to departure. Staff may request border declarations or residency documentation, and if you have been in a declared hotspot in the past 14 days you will not be able to participate in the tour.
• Minimum age on any Prosail tour is 12 years old and there is no maximum age limit, however, our main demographic is 20 –50 year old’s. Anyone under the age of 18 will need to be accompanied by a guardian.
• All guests must be able to move freely about a boat unassisted.
• ONLY ZIPLESS BAGS will be accepted on-board. Luggage can be stored at the Prosail & Red Cat Adventures shop in Airlie Beach during check-in at an additional charge.
• BYO alcohol and drinks (no glass or red wine please). Tea, Coffee, hot chocolate and filtered water are included. We recommend bringing your own drink bottle for water refills.
• We cater for most diet requirements – vegetarian, vegan, lactose free and gluten free. Please call our office if diet requirements differ from these. Please note that there is no diet alternative to our desserts (which include gluten and dairy).
• We reserve the right to substitute vessels without notice at any time for any reason.
• All tours are subject to weather and the vessel operator’s discretion.
• We recommend you take out travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss of personal goods and the inability to travel due to weather or any other unforeseen circumstances. This is an adventure product and clients should note that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard guests, we cannot be responsible for any damage, personal injury or loss due to the actions of passengers that are beyond our control.
• If travelling to Airlie Beach by road, please allow extra time to travel during the wet season (Dec-May) as we occasionally have road closures due to flooding.
• At certain times of the year, rare but ‘dangerous’ jellyfish inhabit these waters and passengers should take care for their own safety. Passengers entering the water do so at their own risk and the owner of the vessel will not be liable for any personal injury, illness, death or any other consequences whatsoever of passengers being stung by jellyfish. To minimise this risk, you will be provided with a full-length protective ‘Snorkel Suit’ to wear whilst swimming and snorkelling during the tour.
• Prosail shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any injury to person or property which is suffered or sustained by any passenger as a result of participating in any of its sailing adventures, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
• If you choose to leave a Prosail tour at any stage of your own choice, Prosail will no longer be held accountable for your persons or belongings.